Olive Oil Dough {recipe}

10.28.2011

I have been wanting to make my own pizza for a while now -- homemade dough and all.  But I really had no idea where to begin.. there are so many recipes for pizza dough out there.  I came across this recipe via Pinterest (seriously, love that website), and it sounded simple.  And simple is what I like, as long as it tastes good.  ;) 

Let me just say, this recipe is SUPER simple.  I don't think it's exclusively a pizza dough.. but it sure does make a good crust.  I halved this recipe and it was enough for one pizza.  In the future I may experiment with other dough recipes, but for now this is my go-to pizza dough recipe.. for all my homemade pizza needs.  ;)

I will post later about what kind of pizza we had.. it was absolutely delicious!!



Olive Oil Dough
recipe from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
  • 2 3/4 cup lukewarm water
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated yeast (2 packets)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 6 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

    In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, or in a large (5 quart) bowl working with a wooden spoon, mix the yeast, salt, sugar, and olive oil with the lukewarm water.

    Mix in the flour without kneading. If you are not using a stand mixer, try wetting your hands a little bit to incorporate the flour better.

    Transfer dough to large (5 quart) bowl or lidded food container. Cover (not airtight, I just drape a kitchen towel over the bowl), and allow to rest at room temperature until dough rises and collapses (or flattens on top), approximately 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

    The dough can be used immediately after the initial rise, though it is easier to handle when cold. Refrigerate in a lidded (not airtight) container and use over the next 12 days.

    If using for pizza, I usually pile on my toppings and bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until slightly golden.

    1 comment:

    1. Looks pretty simple. I'll try this over the weekend for pizza night.

      ReplyDelete

    I'd love to hear from you!